- High Oxidation Stability - Contains oxidation resistant additives that mean longer oil life and fewer oil changes.
ROOTS™ synthetic lubricating oil excels in ASTM oxidation tests, and in the field, where it counts.
Longer oil life means lower expenditures, and greater conservation.
- Rapid Separation from Water - Promotes prolonged bearing life.
- Excellent Corrosion Protection - Contains synthetic corrosion inhibitors. Protects during operation
and acts as a preservative during shut down.
- Synthetic Solvency - Keeps equipment clean.
- Ashless - Keeps equipment free from metallic ash deposits.
- Compatible with Seals - Has excellent compatibility with seals.
- Blower Protection - Protects blower through a wide range of operating temperatures.
- Pour Point - from -40°F (-40°C). Flash Point - at 500°F (260°C).
- Range of Use - ROOTS™ synthetic lubricating oil can be used in any blower application or operating environment.
- High Film Strength - ROOTS™ synthetic lubricating oil carries up to 700% greater loads than other mineral and
- Low Friction - Extremely low coefficient of friction proven to save energy over conventional oils.
- Compatibility With Other Oils - ROOTS™ synthetic lubricating oil is compatible with, and can be mixed with, other
mineral oils and most other synthetic oils No special cleaning is required at change out for blowers previously running
on mineral oil. NOTE: It is NOT compatible with silicone or glycol synthetics.
- ISO Grade - 100, 150, 220, and 320. Ships in single quarts, 1 gallon jugs, 5 gallon pails, and 55 gallon drums
Shell Gadus S2 U1000 2 (Formerly Shell Darina® Greases SD)
Gadus S2 U1000 2 are multipurpose, non-soap greases. They give excellent lubrication for extended time periods, in wet or dry applications, and over a wide range of temperatures. They are also formulated to provide extreme pressure (EP) characteristics.
Shell Gadus S2 U1000 2 are based on a non-melting bentonite clay thickener system. Due to the inert nature of the clay, these greases are suitable for applications where the lubricant is exposed to contaminants such as water and chemicals found in many industrial applications including chemical plants and paper mills. These greases are not recommended for use in centralized lubrication systems.
Excellent for applications in the following environments:• industrial grease-lubricated machinery at temperatures up to 250°F (350°F with frequent lubrication)
***Shell has renamed Darina® Grease SD.
It is now called Shell Gadus S2 U1000 2
- Ball, roller, and sleeve bearings, and grease lubricated gears
- Wet and heavily loaded applications
- Chemical plants and paper mills
- Mining and process plants
- Excellent resistance to water washout
- Good load carrying capability
- Good resistance to rust and corrosion